The Pettis County Baby Café opened in 2014 and was the first USA Baby Café to open in Missouri. It is a free breastfeeding support service for area women that is registered and licensed and open to anyone who is breastfeeding or interested in breastfeeding.
Baby Café is staffed with a lactation consultant and other trained personnel who can answer your questions about all stages of breastfeeding and provide you with personal support and services to ensure that you are successful.
If you are having trouble getting your baby to latch or are having pain while breastfeeding or just have questions, Baby Café is open from 4 to 6 p.m. each Tuesday
for walk-in assistance from a lactation consultant. No appointment is necessary, and refreshments are available. We are located in the lobby of the Women’s Health Center on the first floor of the hospital. Our trained professionals will check your baby’s weight to determine if he or she is getting enough nourishment and gaining appropriate weight.
Other services include:
- Mother-to-mother support
- Free breast pump check station
- Access to current educational resources
Guest Speaker Events
Follow Baby Café on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PettisCountyBreastfeedingCoaltion
for more breastfeeding news and information about upcoming events. We periodically host special guests who speak about topics related to breastfeeding and babies.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Baby Café
- Masks should be worn by all staff and adult attendees
- Max number of eight attendees (mom and baby are 1)
- The following moms and babies will be seen in person
- Babies less than 6 weeks of age
- Babies with poor weight gain
- Babies that are near-term or preemies
- Moms with supply concerns
- Moms with sore cracked nipples or thrush