Because visitors can be good medicine for patients, family members and friends are welcome to visit. Visiting hours are 8 am to 8 pm; however, a patient’s care team may adjust the length of visiting hours and/or the number of people as deemed necessary and appropriate or based on the health of the community.
During Covid, we have specific visitation policies for the many units within the hospital. Visit the Covid-19 page for all current details.
If you need contact information or driving directions to the hospital, visit the Contact & Directions page.
General Visitor Guidelines*
- All visitors are asked to enter the hospital through the main entrance, which is open 5:30 am to 7:30 pm. After hours, visitors must check in with security.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors are encouraged to wash or sanitize their hands when entering and leaving patient room.
- Visitors should avoid making unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests, treatments or when the provider or nurse needs to see a patient in order to protect their privacy.
- Some hospital situations are not appropriate for children so consider the situation before bringing children to visit patients. We do not provide child care services for patients or visitors.
- Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing in food or drinks.
- Visitors and patient families who want to eat with a patient may obtain a guest meal ticket for a small cost. Tickets are available in Registration and should be given to the clerk at the nursing desk.
- Family and friends can call a patient by dialing the switchboard at 660.826.8833 and asking for them by name or call a patient’s room directly at 660.827.9XXX. The XXXs are the patient’s three-digit room number.
*Guidelines are subject to change based on current situations.
Free parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in all Bothwell parking lots. Do not park in reserved or designated areas and remember to lock vehicles to protect belongings.
Family and Visitor Lounges
There are specially designated lounge areas for visitors on each patient floor and on the first floor in the lobby. Specific areas have been designated in the Critical Care and Progressive Care Units, the Emergency Department, Surgery, and Women’s Health.
We are pleased to offer a number of on-site services for the convenience of our patients’ families and visitors.
The Bothwell Café is located on the ground floor near the public elevators, and hours are 7:30 am to 6:30 pm every day. Guests and visitors are welcome to free coffee and tea in the patient care units and in the Bothwell Café. Receipts for food purchases are available upon request. Hours and access are subject to change based on current situations.
The Gift Shop is located on the first floor and is operated by the Bothwell Regional Health Center Auxiliary. For hours and directions, visit the Gift Shop page.
Bothwell provides wireless access throughout the hospital for patients and visitors. Note that this system may block content deemed inappropriate to hospital standards and is not intended for file-sharing or large file downloads. Some applications or protocols may not work on the wireless network. Wired connections are available in the Progressive Care Unit (PCU) patient rooms and 2 North. They can be identified by their yellow network jacks, and are labeled “Y-##” (## being a number). Instructions for use can be obtained from the nurse’s station in these units.
The Bill G. and Connie Spry McLaughlin Inter-Faith Chapel is located near the main elevators on the first floor, and people of all faiths are welcome to visit it for prayer and quiet reflection. The chapel is open during visiting hours but is locked after hours. Please let a staff member know if the chapel is needed after regular visiting hours.
Vending machines are located on the ground floor along the hallway to the cafeteria, on the first floor near the Critical Care Unit waiting room, and on the second floor in the Progressive Care Unit reception area.