Medical Records Request
Bothwell Regional Health Center maintains documentation of your health care in the form of a medical record. Medical records are maintained in either electronic or paper formats depending on the date and location of the services provided.
How to Request Medical Records
Online request with electronic delivery:
(Recommended browsers: Chrome or Edge)
Offline requests may be made in the following ways:
- In-person: Health Information Management department located on the ground floor of the hospital. Forms (available below) can also be dropped off at any Bothwell clinic for delivery to Health Information Management for completion as appropriate.
- Phone: 660.827.9590
- Fax: 660.827.6804
Bothwell Regional Health Center
Attn: Health Information Management
601 E 14th St
Sedalia, MO 65301
To speed up the request process, Bothwell asks the appropriate following form be filled out and turned in with your request.
- Complete and sign the Record Request for Personal Use form if the records are for your own personal use.
- Complete and sign the Record Request for Third-party Use if the records are to be sent to anyone other than you. (Insurance company, attorney, physician, etc.)
Where Can Records be Picked Up?
Medical records may be picked up by the patient or the patient’s legal representative in the Health Information Management Department at Bothwell Regional Health Center located on the ground floor. A photo ID is required.
Is There a Fee for Medical Records?
Yes, you may be charged for copies of medical records in certain situations other than for continuation of care. All charges are based on Missouri Revised Statue 191.227.
- Maximum fees for copying are $27.46 plus $0.63 per page for the cost of labor/supplies/postage
- Records maintained off-site have an additional charge of $25.71
- Maximum fees for copying are $27.46 plus $0.63 per page, or $120.32, whichever is less.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact the Health Information Management department.