As one of the first hospitals in the country to offer a Total Joint Camp, Bothwell works to prepare you for surgery and post-op physical therapy.
The Total Joint Camp is modeled after the renowned Marshall Steele program, a gold standard for joint replacement surgery. The Bothwell Center for Joint Replacement focuses on enhanced patient education, intensive physical therapy for quicker recovery and a return to normal activities. The program encourages family and coach involvement to aid in the patient’s progress and results in an average length of stay of one to three days.
Benefits of the Total Joint Camp:
- Enhanced patient education
- High patient satisfaction scores
- Quicker recovery and return to normal activities for patients
- Increased family involvement in perioperative care
- Decreased length of hospital stay; the average length of stay is two days
Patient Education Guide Books