At Bothwell, we treat your children just as we would our own. Our team of pediatric and family medicine professionals provides health and medical care of infants, children and adolescents from birth up to the age of 18 whether they are seen in a clinic or hospitalized.
Our experienced team includes physicians, nurse practitioners and nurses. They work closely with other Bothwell and area physicians to ensure the highest possible standard of care for your child and every child they see.
The hospital’s Pediatrics Unit includes private rooms with sleeper chairs so you may provide extra assurance by spending the night with your hospitalized child. Our dedicated pediatrics treatment room is equipped with the special supplies and equipment needed to treat the smallest patients. And our registered nurses are specially trained with pediatric advanced life support certification.
Bothwell also has a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit located in our Women’s and Newborn Unit to offer care for premature newborns of at least 32-weeks’ gestation.
The entire medical team has a special interest in helping children and strives to meet not only the physical and psychological needs of the child but also the emotional needs of the entire family. That’s why we focus on putting each child at ease and do all we can to make little ones and you more comfortable.
Facts for New Parents
When to Call the Doctor
- Breathing pattern is quite irregular during the first few weeks. If you suspect baby is struggling to breathe, seek immediate medical attention.
- Fever of 100.4 or greater (in less than 3-month-old)
- Feeding refusal, decreased intake with decreased wet diapers
- Blood in vomit or stools
- Nasal congestion and cough
- Always trust your instinct. You are never wrong to call your provider . Even with extensive preparation, questions will come up, and we are always happy to answer any questions you may have.
Important Phone Numbers
- Poison Control: 800.222.1222
- Police Department: 660.826.8100
- Fire Department: 660.826.8044
- Bothwell: 660.826.8833 (dial 0). After hours, ask to speak with the on-call pediatrician.
Providing intensive care for our tiniest patients